THIS MATERIAL IS A MARKETING COMMUNICATION.
ESG Monthly (December 2022)
We are delighted to announce that Mirae Asset (Hong Kong) has signed up as a signatory to the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative. We look forward to sharing more on our net zero targets over the next year.
In our latest ESG video, we share insights on transition climate change, what it means for investments, and how we consider climate-related risks and opportunities in our investments:
- Global warming is predicted to reach 3.2°C by the end of the century if we keep to the current state and don’t strengthen climate policies.
- Rapid acceleration of emissions reduction efforts across the global economy is required if we are to meet Paris Agreement goals and limit global warming to 1.5°C or 2°C¹; also meaning "it's now or never".
1. IPCC, April 2022
Commentary on ESG News and Developments:
- The European Union (EU) Parliament reached a provisional agreement on the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) of which its transitional phase will begin to operate from 1 October 2023 as opposed to the originally proposed 1 January 2023 (Council of the European Union, December 2022).
- The United Nations (UN) Biodiversity Conference (COP 15) ended after two weeks of discussions and introduced a new Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework with the headline ‘30x30’ target, meaning 30% protected areas by 2030 (The New York Times, December 2022).
- The Nature Action 100 (the biodiversity equivalent to Climate Action 100+) was established at COP 15 to drive greater corporate action, through investor engagement, to mitigate nature and biodiversity risks and impacts (Responsible Investor, December 2022).
- The United Kingdom (UK) Government announced a new Green Finance Strategy which includes regulations on ESG Rating providers and a review of its approach to the Green Taxonomy (Responsible Investor, December 2022).
In Asian Pacific markets…
- In Taiwan, the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) released a taxonomy with technical screening criteria to identify economic activities that qualify as sustainable investments (Financial Supervisory Commission, December 2022).
- In Australia, the Australian government launched a consultation on mandatory climate-related financial disclosures for large listed companies and financial institutions (Responsible Investor, December 2022).
- In Malaysia, the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) proposed a Principles-Based Sustainable and Responsible Investment Taxonomy for the Malaysian Capital Market that was released for public consultation (SC, December 2022).
- In Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) released due diligence guidance for green and sustainable products to reduce greenwashing risks (HKMA, December 2022).
January 06, 2023
Staying Ahead with Mirae Asset’s Latest Insights
Disclaimer & Information for Investors
No distribution, solicitation or advice: This document is provided for information and illustrative purposes and is intended for your use only. It is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument. The information contained in this document has been provided as a general market commentary only and does not constitute any form of regulated financial advice, legal, tax or other regulated service.
The views and information discussed or referred in this document are as of the date of publication. Certain of the statements contained in this document are statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements. Views, opinions and estimates may change without notice and are based on a number of assumptions which may or may not eventuate or prove to be accurate. Actual results, performance or events may differ materially from those in such statements. In addition, the opinions expressed may differ from those of other Mirae Asset Global Investments’ investment professionals.
Investment involves risk: Past performance is not indicative of future performance. It cannot be guaranteed that the performance of the Fund will generate a return and there may be circumstances where no return is generated or the amount invested is lost. It may not be suitable for persons unfamiliar with the underlying securities or who are unwilling or unable to bear the risk of loss and ownership of such investment. Before making any investment decision, investors should read the Prospectus for details and the risk factors. Investors should ensure they fully understand the risks associated with the Fund and should also consider their own investment objective and risk tolerance level. Investors are advised to seek independent professional advice before making any investment.
Sources: Information and opinions presented in this document have been obtained or derived from sources which in the opinion of Mirae Asset Global Investments (“MAGI”) are reliable, but we make no representation as to their accuracy or completeness. We accept no liability for a loss arising from the use of this document.
Products, services and information may not be available in your jurisdiction and may be offered by affiliates, subsidiaries and/or distributors of MAGI as stipulated by local laws and regulations. Please consult with your professional adviser for further information on the availability of products and services within your jurisdiction. This document is issued by Mirae Asset Global Investments (HK) Limited and has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.
Information for EU investors pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2019/1156: This document is a marketing communication and is intended for Professional Investors only. A Prospectus is available for the Mirae Asset Global Discovery Fund (the “Company”) a société d'investissement à capital variable (SICAV) domiciled in Luxembourg structured as an umbrella with a number of sub-funds. Key Investor Information Documents (“KIIDs”) are available for each share class of each of the sub-funds of the Company.
The Company’s Prospectus and the KIIDs can be obtained from www.am.miraeasset.eu/fund-literature . The Prospectus is available in English, French, German, and Danish, while the KIIDs are available in one of the official languages of each of the EU Member States into which each sub-fund has been notified for marketing under the Directive 2009/65/EC (the “UCITS Directive”). Please refer to the Prospectus and the KIID before making any final investment decisions.
A summary of investor rights is available in English from www.am.miraeasset.eu/investor-rights-summary.
The sub-funds of the Company are currently notified for marketing into a number of EU Member States under the UCITS Directive. FundRock Management Company can terminate such notifications for any share class and/or sub-fund of the Company at any time using the process contained in Article 93a of the UCITS Directive.
Hong Kong: This document is intended for Hong Kong investors. Before making any investment decision to invest in the Fund, Investors should read the Fund’s Prospectus and the information for Hong Kong investors (of applicable) of the Fund for details and the risk factors. The individual and Mirae Asset Global Investments (Hong Kong) Limited may hold the individual securities mentioned. This document is issued by Mirae Asset Global Investments (HK) Limited and has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced in any form, or referred to in any other publication, without express written permission of Mirae Asset Global Investments (Hong Kong) Limited.